cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paternalistic condescension and tortious interference

Gorlaw
Making moves

Dear Mozilla,

There are certain sites I download mp3 podcasts from. I resent the fact that you are now editorializing these downloads by informing me that they are somehow "dangerous." Not only am I a lot older and wiser than your editorial board, I am also an attorney at law and I view your attempts at blocking my ability to download bought and paid for subscriptions to be tortious interference with a legal contract.

Please change your paternalistic and condescending algorithms and mind your own business.

Thanks for your consideration.

3 REPLIES 3

notaninja
Making moves

Those warnings might relate to technical matters e.g. a lack of https service, rather than anything to do with editorial content, or the law.

MintMain21
Familiar face

What @notaninja said.

Also: for someone accusing Firefox of "Paternalistic condescension and tortious interference", your own judgement and comprehension of the issue seems condescending and paternalistic yourself.

jscher2000
Leader

@Gorlaw wrote:

I resent the fact that you are now editorializing these downloads by informing me that they are somehow "dangerous." Not only am I a lot older and wiser than your editorial board, I am also an attorney at law and I view your attempts at blocking my ability to download bought and paid for subscriptions to be tortious interference with a legal contract.

I doubt that a board was involved...

Which warning do you get? There is a new warning for HTTP links on HTTPS pages. Otherwise, it may be the general one about an unfamiliar site or some such.

There are some features to manage these and other "safe browsing" warnings. Check out the following article for details: How does built-in Phishing and Malware Protection work?