cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Substitutions and no support for "Move Window to Left Side of Screen"

Clemk
Making moves

Hi,

today I just decided to change my default browser on all devices from Firefox to Chrome, with sadness (I way prefer to be on Mozilla — or Brave but forbidden by my company), for 2 simple reasons I thought I'd share:

- No Substitutions — As decribed here. https://www.guidingtech.com/top-ways-to-fix-text-replacement-not-working-on-mac/ I have text replacement for each of email addresses — I just hate having to type my name over and over again just to download a document or sign in for a service, and autocomplete forms does not always work, so I love this feature. 

- No support for "Move Window to Left Side of Screen". On a PC, it's really nice to be able to organize windows side by side, not in full screen, with a shortcut. It can be set on a mac, but it is not supported by Firefox.

Those 2 seem nothing but weigh heavily on my day-to-day happiness and productivity. I hope they get solved some day so I can come back! Congrats on the great work and thanks for it anyway.

1 REPLY 1

jscher2000
Leader

@Clemk wrote:

- No support for "Move Window to Left Side of Screen". On a PC, it's really nice to be able to organize windows side by side, not in full screen, with a shortcut. It can be set on a mac, but it is not supported by Firefox.

On Windows 10, I use the system-level keyboard shortcut. Tile the current window to the left half of the screen by holding down the "Windows" key and tapping the Left Arrow button. Often Windows will then display a giant array of hard-to-read rectangles so I can click what I want on the right half of the screen. Or of course I can activate that window and use Windows key + Right Arrow.

(Sorry, I can't help much with Mac-specific stuff.)