cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Black mode since 102

anchac
Making moves

I use since years Hard Wood theme. But since v102 automatically changed to black mode. With this theme i can not use clear mode, same as in Firefox. To be able to use clear mode I have to disable this theme. And no it is not problem of the creator of the theme or no I want not look for alternative theme, as the old one is ok for me and functions perfect for me. The same issue I had with Firefox. Had, I droped using Firefox. I used Firefox and Thunderbird since near the Beginging of these Apps. If their are something I hated ever, applications changed to something i don´t like and I can not change to something i like. The result normally I droped using these apps. 

5 REPLIES 5

dbreaux
Making moves

Just got 102 and wanting the same thing. Light mode but with custom theme.

jscher2000
Leader

Could you check this article and see whether switching to Light helps with this issue:

https://support.mozilla.org/kb/change-web-appearance-settings-firefox

2022-04-11-07-05-20-eead8e

jscher2000
Leader

Actually, for Thunderbird, I don't know whether there is a similar set of controls. (Haven't updated yet.)

Right, no such settings for Thunderbird, and I don't see anything in the config editor that looks like it would be that.

mohafo
Making moves

I have the same problems with Thunderbird 102: It showed up with a total black theme that cannot be removed or deactivated! No matter which theme (= covers the top 4 to 5 lines of the user area) I try to use, all the remaining user area still remains black. If I change to the system-theme the black area disappears, but then the theme is closed and cannot be changed! THIS MUST BE CORRECTED QUICKLY, and I hope it is just a bug and not a 'new modern style' that makes it impossible to personalise  the look of the user area?