cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft's compatibility with Thunderbird

AMSOIL4Mozilla
Making moves

I called Tech Support with GoDaddy registrar, and found out today that Microsoft 365, soon will no longer be compatible with Thunderbird.

GoDaddy registrar uses Microsoft 365 to manage user Domain eMail.  After 365 gets the eMails, they can be gotten with Thunderbird.  Some time soon, Microsoft 365 is going to stop allowing that.

Is there a way around that, so that we can continue getting all of the eMails with Thunderbird?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In my account settings, for Authentication method, I already use OAuth2.  Does that mean that when Microsoft stops being compabible with Thunderbird, that Thunderbird will still work the way it does now?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

svazquez
Making moves

I have the same question. At work they switched to Microsoft365 and our institutional emal account now can only be managed using outlook, but I'd like to continue with Thunderbird. At present, I could configure the account to read the emails but the smtp does not work and I cannot send emails from Thunderbird.

Also, I can't log into the institutional onedrive (which appears to be through Sharepoint) using Firefox, but I can using Chrome.

Any help with this would be welcome!

Mizar
Familiar face

Change the authentication method for both IMAP and SMTP servers to OAuth2 and you're good to go.

Hi. I already had done it before writing here, but it doesn't work either. It stopped working after they migrated our institutional accounts to Microsoft365

In my account settings, for Authentication method, I already use OAuth2.  Does that mean that when Microsoft stops being compabible with Thunderbird, that Thunderbird will still work the way it does now?

If there's one thing I've learnt from all of my years with computers is that where there's a will there's a way.