cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox message list height and header list

Bobathome
Making moves

Hi.
TB Version 115.1.0 (64-bit - Windows 10)

I noticed that the height of the inbox list view can only be resized so much. See attached generic image I found with the beautiful and artistic arrow I drew 😉 I use the CLASSIC view.

It is basically taking half the whole TB window, even with a couple of messages in the inbox.

I followed many suggestions online, like disabling all add-ons, restarting in safe mode, remove customizations.

It looks to me as if it was like this by design.

Also, the message header is way too large, and can't find a way to reduce it to 2,3 lines, also in Classic view.

Suggestions?

13 REPLIES 13

Bobathome
Making moves

Oh, View/Headers is set to Normal.

Kazza
Making moves

Having same problem, what's the point of the message pane if it doesn't fit on my screen to read it. The previous version you could at least move the arrows up to show only a few headers and then being able to see more of the message.

This is driving me crazy and enough to make me go to some other program instead

CraigB
Making moves

I am having the same problem and I find it difficult to read the displayed email I am reading. Have to keep scrolling and scrolling way too much. The old version I would only have 3 displayed emails above the one opened.

Targetpool
Making moves

yes, exactly, the last version (for 10 years, actually) you could move that header bar up higher ,
now it feels like I've gone down to the basement with a low ceiling,
(by the way, you can open up the e-mail and it'll open up in a whole new window )
Thanks!!

Agentvirtuel
Contributor

wfhartman
Making moves

I too find the change terrible and will seek another application if this isn't fixed.

Agentvirtuel
Contributor

Hello

Maybe? I don't know

1.png

2.png

LiveInHope
Making moves

Hear, hear, everybody!   Why won't they FIX this?  It doesn't make the slightest difference to the so-called new appearance in SuperNova.  It's just pointless and it doesn't need new code - just revert to what was there before.  As someone says above , if they don't fix this, I'm looking for a new email program.

All the code got rewritten so it does require new code, but the fix is so simple it really would only take them a matter of minutes. I've no idea why this has not been sorted by now.

There is a bug report on this topic, but if you want a fix then you need to follow the instructions at this link:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1423733

Yes, it means using 'userChrome.css', but it's not like anyone has to know how to code.

The truth is this, if you have the following skillset then it's very simple.

Required skillset:

1. Ability to follow instructions
  2. Know how to create a new folder with a specifiied name
  3. Know how to copy and paste provided text
  4. Know how to save a file with a specified name

Toad-Hall
Making moves

There is a bug report on this topic, but if you want a fix then you need to follow the instructions at this link:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1423733

Yes, it means using 'userChrome.css', but it's not like anyone has to know how to code.

The truth is this, if you have the following skillset then it's very simple.

Required skillset:

1. Ability to follow instructions
  2. Know how to create a new folder with a specifiied name
  3. Know how to copy and paste provided text
  4. Know how to save a file with a specified name

wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

Please see the status update at https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/thunderbird-layout/m-p/43490.  A

To address the message pane header height, find the compactheader at the add-ons site.

Wayne, Community Manager, Thunderbird

Toad-Hall
Making moves

This bug has now been marked as Fixed. This means it's going to get beta tested and then if all goes ok, it will get put into a release version. This is excellent news. So hang in there.

To follow bug info here is a link: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1855611