cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iinet webmail migration to The Messenger Company

yculucy
Making moves

I can no longer receive (and send) emails in Thunderbird since iinet webmail has been discontinued and I have changed over to The Messenger Company. When I try to receive emails in Thunderbird it asks me for a password for iinet mail, but does not recognise the one I used to have. I'm sure I'll need to change something in the settings, but I don't know what. And I don't even know whether I will be able to send this message and/or receive a reply.

1 REPLY 1

Steve-R
Making moves

@yculucy wrote:

I can no longer receive (and send) emails in Thunderbird since iinet webmail has been discontinued and I have changed over to The Messenger Company. When I try to receive emails in Thunderbird it asks me for a password for iinet mail, but does not recognise the one I used to have. I'm sure I'll need to change something in the settings, but I don't know what. And I don't even know whether I will be able to send this message and/or receive a reply.

I have a standalone iiNet email account with iiNet and I had no issues with opting in to the The Messenger Company using TB v102 or v115 and accessing / sending emails and I didn't need to change any account settings.

What type of login protocols and ports are you using ? 

If the error message asks for your password then you will need to check the password encryption type and port number for both the incomming and outgoing servers.

Here is a link to the iiNet email settings that should be valid with The Messenger Company until at least June 2024.

https://help.iinet.net.au/email-settings