cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i remove fullscreen popup message forever?

Making moves

this full screen warning message popup is **bleep**ing annoying. i tried to disable this piece of trash in about:config and so on and this trash reapears. everything was set to 0 and is still there.

so tell me how to remove this **bleep**. i ask you how to remove and not how to DiSaBlE.

2 REPLIES 2

jscher2000
Leader

I'm not sure what distinction you are making between "remove" and "disable." This is what I have, which gives the barest blip that I hardly notice. YMMV.

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste full-screen-api.warning and pause while the list is filtered

Firefox should display two preferences.

(C) Double-click the full-screen-api.warning.delay preference to display an editing field, and change the value to 50 then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.

(D) Double-click the full-screen-api.warning.timeout preference to display an editing field, and change the value to 50 then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.

If that doesn't suit your needs, perhaps you'll find another recommendation in a web search for either of those preferences.

SALLEERE
Making moves

Thanks Jscher2000, That corrected this issue for me. I was also trying to disable this notification due to it causing issues with other applications on my PC.