cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox Updates for Security Difficulties - Root Certificates - Firefox 128 or greater

Steven1
Making moves

I am retired and in order to upgrade my Firefox ESR version (7815.Oesr (64-bit)) it would require purchasing a whole new computer system at an expense that I pretty much cannot conveniently afford at this time. I am running a 2008 Mac on OS X Yosemite (version 10.10.5). I might be able to upgrade the Mac OS but I would loose software that I like to use like iPhotos. I have the latest version of Firefox that my computer system will handle with its existing system configuration. I was notified that if I do not upgrade Firefox to version 128 or higher that I may well experience some software browser function difficulties, problems with root certificates, streaming issues, seeing pictures & videos, and security problems. I am sure that I am not getting much empathy for these issues but the old computer is running well and suits my purposes for the computer. I know I am stuck in the past and resisting change to a certain extent. I do not at this time need the power that a newer computer offers. I do need the security or at least would like it but so far I have been running this computer and its old software just fine. Does anyone have any suggestion that might be helpful before the January 2025 deadline for the root certificates. Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0