cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox scrolling jumps in Facebook

zdvaz
Making moves

When scrolling posts on Facebook, there are random jumps up to 6 new posts forward. It is necessary to scroll back and look for the last displayed post (photo, video, txt). It looks like firefox doesn't remember the last displayed position before updating the cache. It is very annoying because there is always a flicker.

382 REPLIES 382

VK5ONE
Making moves

108.0.1 (64-bit) still happening only on firefox so over it changing back to google, chrome or opera no issues there.

alan_d_fincher
Making moves

Agree - I continue to have this issue with Firefox 108.0.01

Maybe it is time to finally ditch Firefox?

GButch
Making moves

This jumpy scrolling on FB seemed to have been solved, but just recently it has returned.  What happened?

foxberg
Making moves

It's been like that for at least a year! It's so bad! I can't believe this is not fixed yet. Mac OS 12.4 but the same issue was with the previous OS as well.

GButch
Making moves

This problem seemed to be solved for a while.  Then recently, it returned as bad as ever.  I much prefer FF to Edge, but I can't function on Facebook this way. 

This issue was fixed!!  How hard can it be to fix something they fixed before?????

Come on..... FIX IT!!!!

It's not Firefox. IT's FB's call function for posts that interferes with smooth scrolling. It happens no matter what browser I use. Disable smooth scrolling in whatever browser you're using, and you should be fine.

jonathanr
Making moves

I've been using this bug to reduce my screen time on fb, but I would like to figure out a fix. Very strange it's lasted this long.

Win10 64bit Core i7 8th gen FF108.0.1

I want to stick with FF, since they didn't hobble my ad blockers like other browsers have recently.

Also happens with other browsers. It's facebooks coding, not firefox. Disable smooth scrolling in FF options. The way FB calls up post feeds interferes with it.

Make sure to refresh FB after changing settings.

Talavar
Making moves

Also happens with other browsers. It's facebooks coding, not firefox.

I hated doing it but I switched to Edge & it doesn't happen at all..

It doesn’t happen with two other browsers I have. Safari and Chrome do not have this behavior.

It's happening in Safari now also.  macOS Ventura 13.1 and Safari V16.2

Make sure to refresh FB after you change settings.

To which FF smooth scrolling are you referring? There are quite a number:

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 11.23.10 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 11.37.50 AM.png

 Under about:preferences - I have these settings. 

This seems to have fixed it.  Thank you!

Not for me. Scrolling is not smooth, but eventually it jumps several topics. Mac OS Ventura.

Nope still jumps a half dozen posts every so often.

So far I have not had the problem. I'll give it some more time, because it would go for sometimes a few days before showing up. I'm crossing my fingers.  🙂

Well darn, it's doing it again.  Back to Chrome, I guess.

Yes, it started on mine again yesterday. It's not often (so far) and hitting HOME in FB clears it up, but if you're in the middle of scrolling though something, it's pretty inconvenient.

Contrary to what someone else has stated, I have NOT had this issue with Chrome nor Safari at all. I'm trying to decide if I'm going back to Chrome again - sigh.

A few days of working and it's starting again.

Huge improvement in Facebook using Firefox.  Thank you.

Arthanzar
Making moves

I just tested:
Use autoscrolling off, and
Use smooth scrolling on

Seems to work - for now.

Me, too. For now. Mac Ventura.

Nope. After jumping a few topics, the previous content is beheaded and reloaded. You can't scroll back more than a few posts.

Topaz
Making moves

it appears and disappears according to the versions, as well as the visibility of comments on facebook after clicking on "show more comments"

Snowdogg
Making moves

Today I noticed something similar on FB using Chrome. I posted a reply to something and FB scrolled back about 6 posts on its own. It's not quite the same experience I've had with Firefox continually scrolling ahead, but it could be the same trigger. 

John_the_Hat
Making moves

This comes and goes and today it is back again - and there is a similar problem in Chromium. This suggests that once again the 12 year old kids working at FB have cocked up an "upgrade" AGAIN. I don't THINK it is a FF problem at root.

machine3
Making moves

Doing it now on Mac os, Firefox 108.0.2 (64-bit)

Mine stopped skipping/jumping today. FB must of fixed something.

Martyimac
Making moves

So deselecting use autoscroll worked for one day but the issue is back.  This falls on FB.   No other website I visit has this problem.

k-zay
Making moves

Facebook is doing it's own scrolling for me again, too.  Not a problem when I access it with Chrome tho, so what say ye, Firefox?  (Win10 on laptop)

Photoman15
Making moves

It's January 15, 2023, running Windows 11 22H2, Firefox 108.0.2 (64-bit). That this problem still exists is a shame to Firefox/Mozilla. I guess I'll go to Edge or Chrome.

By the way, this does NOT happen on my Mac Firefox.

deafcheer7
Making moves

Currently on Win10 PC, Firefox 108.0.2 version. This problem still exists lately which is becoming so annoying. Looking for solution, I guess not. 😕  Nobody know which ones is a problem: FB or Firefox?   Sad!

About a month ago, I installed a Firefox add-on. Facebook Container. Since then, I have not seen the problems. This add-on is supposed to reduce Facebook's ability to track you. Also, I have auto-scrolling off. Maybe Firefox is not protecting enough against tracking.

Update 8/5/2023: The problem apparently is solved when I replaced a new Logitech mice. No scrolling jumps anymore. 🤞 I use PC and is on the latest FF version.

Arthanzar
Making moves

I've been using F Container for ages; scrolling still jumps.
I've experimented with all four combinations of "Use autoscrolling" and "Use smooth scrolling" on and off, little or no difference, and not a solution.