cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox Mobile Update needed more accessibility testing

heylookitsghost
Making moves

After the newest firefox update that placed everything in one toolbar, there is a major accessibility flaw for me: you made the url and search in the same place as everything else. I have mobility issues and its too small. I have the read later front in center and the buttons to select which action i want to take are now crowded and difficult to select if i have unsteady hands. I need an option to put the search and url back at the top and the rest of the toolbar below. For me this isn’t optional. I will physically not be able to continue to use the app without this inclusion in the firefox settings. Did this recent update undergo accessibility testing? Either way, this update to separate the two again is necessary, and accessibility shouldnt be trapped behind an extension, because everyone should have access to it, and ios users cannot use extensions

idk this has just been super disappointing to me that firefox didnt undergo proper accessibility testing. it makes my overall view of firefox and mozilla less positive to know they havent considered accessibility as such a large company

1 REPLY 1

heylookitsghost
Making moves

After digging through settings, to make it easier for shaky hands and mobility issues to not consistently press the wrong thing, a toolbar setting of “split” instead of just top/bottom could easily solve this, as could making users able to choose which buttons are in the toolbar under the toolbar category