cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox has some significant dark/light mode issues

Wyndorn
Making moves

A recent update has essentially broken multiple sites for me. Firefox has the following dark/light mode settings: Automatic, Dark, Light.

If I set it to Automatic, and my desktop is in dark mode, it now tries to apply dark mode to every site. Unfortunately many sites are just broken, notably Outlook (black text on dark grey background -- interestingly it doesn't always load this way, only about 90% of the time).

However, if I switch to Light mode, now my entire browser is in light mode, which I don't want.

Firefox either needs separate light/dark mode settings for sites vs the browser chrome itself, or site-specific settings so I can set specific ones to use lightmode.

I find the entire concept of forcing dark mode on websites that are specifically not supporting it to be completely ridiculous.

3 REPLIES 3

Wyndorn
Making moves

This issue seems to happen in Developer Edition but not standard Firefox btw.

rh32789r2n3y78r
Making moves

I believe I have the same issue too. I can't find a solution to it after searching for a little bit. I have attached a screen shot of a webpage that has been broken by my issue. I am unsure if this is the similar or the same to your issue but from what you describe, I think it is. The site I used for this test. If you visit this site on Chrome, it looks fine. Visit it on Firefox(at least for me) and the colors of the page are messed up.

Wyndorn
Making moves

It seems the issue has gone away for me entirely. Maybe if you're also on developer edition and update, it will fix it?