cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox brower Shaking/Trembling

Harshul
Making moves

My Firefox browser has started Shaking/Trembling up and down on its own. This has started since this morning of 19th July 2023. It shakes/trembles and it stops and again. How do I fix this ?? This has only happened with this browser and not others browser. I uninstalled it and again re-installed it. Then too it happened. Please let me know if there is a solution.

4 REPLIES 4

HogWeeD
Making moves

I have found Firefox has certain quirks also. Not the "shaking issue" you experienced, but is always just slow to load anything, and YouTube videos take forever to start playing compared to browsers such as Chrome or Edge. The only reason I have stuck with Firefox is because it's the only browser where video does not "jitter" (appears to drop frames) especially in YT. Chrome does this if I maximize to full screen or pop-out a "pic in pic" window and resize it to more than half monitor screen size. For all its bells and whistles Firefox is not as great as many people make out. I am quite disappointed with it actually and if I find a solution to this "video jitters" I will swap back to Chrome.

HogWeeD
Making moves

Have you sent a query direct to Firefox help? If they don't know about it they can't address the issue. Don't rely on other users to answer your query. You can see by me being the only one to reply that it won't solve your problem. Sad I know but that is human nature I guess.  😞

HogWeeD
Making moves

I could suggest it may be your video card? Do you have a dedicated accelerated graphics card? If so are you using the latest drivers? Try taking out the video card (or disabling it temporarly) and use the one on the motherboard. If that stops the shaking then it's time to do something about the card. If it's a laptop then you might need to investigate a software solution or new drivers.

hatchhozzen
Making moves

I have found Firefox has certain quirks also. Not the "shaking issue" you experienced, but is always just slow to load anything, and YouTube videos take forever to start playing compared to browsers such as Chrome or Edge. The only reason I have   lunchtime prediction for today draw   stuck with Firefox is because it's the only browser where video does not "jitter" (appears to drop frames) especially in YT. Chrome does this if I maximize to full screen or pop-out a "pic in pic" window and resize it to more than half monitor screen size. For all its bells and whistles Firefox is not as great as many people make out. I am quite disappointed with it actually and if I find a solution to this "video jitters" I will swap back to Chrome..........