cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firebox fails to open new URL whilst in an old URL window

hoare
Making moves

changing to firefox from chrome i have found that  firefox does not like to open a new url  in an old url window.

i have had to reboot firefox in order to clear the problem several times.

any comments please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hoare
Making moves

many thanks your email.

i only raised this point as i have used  chrome for years and then changed to foxpro last month after  vpn streaming problems.

this matter  happens most days when i access bbc . com .  it is resolved by closing and reopening the browser.

i will live with the problem as its only once or twice a day.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jscher2000
Leader

Do you mean, for example, you are in Gmail and you want to open a different page in that tab. If you click a link, or a bookmark, or type/paste in the address bar, nothing happens? Does it work in a new tab (Ctrl+T, or on Mac, Command+T), or is Firefox seemingly going offline?

hoare
Making moves

Do you mean, for example, you are in Gmail and you want to open a different page in that same tab

=  YES !

and..............

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 11.18.07.png

Does going to the home page (Alt+Home or click the optional Home button on the toolbar) work in that tab?

Does a new tab work?

Is there any pattern to it -- specific sites cause the problem, specific types of content cause the problem, Firefox stops working after a certain amount of time/use, etc.?

hoare
Making moves

many thanks your email.

i only raised this point as i have used  chrome for years and then changed to foxpro last month after  vpn streaming problems.

this matter  happens most days when i access bbc . com .  it is resolved by closing and reopening the browser.

i will live with the problem as its only once or twice a day.