cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extension icons disappeared from toolbar after updating to 127.0

ynotswim
Making moves

After updating to 127.0, all the extension icons on the toolbar disappeared. I checked those extensions are still enabled, and when opened the Customize Toolbar, none of those extension icons appeared to be dragged into the Toolbar either.

toolbar.PNG

Those icons used to appear on the right side of the search box, and there is nothing in the overflow area.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ynotswim
Making moves

I found the fix: in the panel of "Manage Extensions" I click on the green button (indicating the extension is enabled) to disable it, then click on it again to enable it, only now, the extension icon reappears on my toolbar! I did the same thing for all the extensions and now they are all showing as they are used to be. So 127.0 wasted me couple hours! 😞

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ynotswim
Making moves

I found the fix: in the panel of "Manage Extensions" I click on the green button (indicating the extension is enabled) to disable it, then click on it again to enable it, only now, the extension icon reappears on my toolbar! I did the same thing for all the extensions and now they are all showing as they are used to be. So 127.0 wasted me couple hours! 😞

mjalexander
Making moves

This is a helpful work around, but not a solution.

A solution has to be a change in Firefox that would stop the problem occurring in the first place.

Does anybody know how a request for change can be communicated directly to the Firefox developers?  Or do we just have to hope that they read the various fora?

Any help would be very much appreciated.