cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expectations for Mozilla Connect ...

BelFox
Making moves

Hi there, nice people at Mozilla and fellow Firefox users,

I am excited that Mozilla further invests in dialogue with its community through this brand new platform. I look forward to sharing ideas and commenting on other ideas and discussions!

FWIW, my expectations for this platform (feel free to add yours):

1. Revive the strong connection between Mozilla and its community of enthusiastic users, developers, testers, support people ... the way it used to be in the early days of Firefox! Personally I feel Mozilla hasn't always listened to valuable feedback the last few years, so I really hope this platform helps building confidence and selecting the right priorities to work on. This is of utmost importance in a world dominated by Chromium-based browsers. We need our beloved Fox browser to offer a strong alternative to the likes of Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi and Brave!

2. A respectful and transparent communication between product managers and users. If something isn't feasible, just tell us (why). Please don't ignore feedback that doesn't immediately align with your own ideas. People providing feedback do so because they (really) care for the future of Firefox. The least they expect is some form of honest feedback from Mozilla. And product managers should be respected by people posting here. We need to realize resources can be limited, priorities already set ...

3. A suggestion: if possible, migrate as many ideas as possible from ideas.mozilla.org to the new platform. Start with the "Top voted" and already shortlisted ones (preferably with the message history, but just a title and status label together with [migrated from Ideas] could suffice). Otherwise, people may feel like their ideas are thrown away (even if they are used internally), or will need to enter them again. Any update on a possible migration from Ideas would be welcomed!

Thanks for reading, and good luck!

3 REPLIES 3

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @BelFox, this is great. Thanks for sharing! And we'd of course love to hear from others on their expectations and hopes for this platform. This is a two-way street, so we plan to share more, be more transparent, and hope that as users give feedback and share ideas that we can do so in the most respectful and productive way.

The migration of ideas from Ideas@Mozilla to here is a bit tricky to successfully perform, but we understand that people may feel like their ideas are thrown away...though they are definitely not being thrown away. We actually just finished a review of the top ideas and updated statuses there and we plan to do that again with the top ideas that have yet to be reviewed. Maybe there's a way we can report that here or figure out a workaround to better communicate that those ideas are being reviewed.

BelFox
Making moves

Thank you Jon!

Any form of reporting (brief or extended) on previously reviewed top ideas is better than not mentioning them at all.

edit: typo

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Also, gotta say...really excited to see a lot of the familiar faces in Ideas@Mozilla already super active here and helping get this community off the ground.