cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading large files without any antivirus checking or blockers.

Jamie_FIN
Making moves

Well, since like ages ago, I've been watching firefox crashing after crashing while downloading any larger files. None of other browsers, downloading apps does the same. I can't figure out why but for example I'm downloading Windows 11 ISOs which are like 6,5-7GB in size firefox uses insane amount of processing power, crashes most of time downloading, if you pause downloadand continue it hangs at disk writes, which again stops any and all bandwidth and in the end fails to transfer and you can resume download (which again does the same several times where you have to pause and continue transfer to even consider getting full file downloaded.

Now, I am (or would say) very good at coding and using computers in general and well even Internet explorer or wget does the job better.

I am wondering where in the hell is this browser saving data in the first place since it sure ain't going to the path where you are actually downloading the file?

This has been going on in firefox now for past decade. I wonder when exactly with the hundreds of smart mozilla developers is anyone actually cleaning this code up and make the downloading write to the location where the download is supposed to go or use ram at least?

Also good question is since firefox is using 10-20 processes in background, why isn't firefox using multi-part downloading simultanously as every **bleep** downloading agent has been utilizing like for past 20 years?

0 REPLIES 0