cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded files are saved to disk

bYTEmE
Making moves

Downloaded files are saved to disk

The files you download will be immediately saved on your disk. Depending on the current configuration, they will be saved in your preferred download folder, or you will be asked to select a location for each download. Windows and Linux users will find their downloaded files in the destination folder (this is usually the Downloads folder). They are no longer put in the Temp folder first.

I DON'T CARE THAT THIS HAS BEEN VOICED BEFORE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN - THIS SUCKS AND IT IS A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME. ANOTHER BROWSER IS IN MY FUTURE . . .

1 REPLY 1

Bicycledude
Making moves

Well, I guess they did - kind of - fix it, or at least they provided a temp-orary (punt very much intended) workaround.

You can change the setting on the about:config page under browser.download.start_downloads_in_tmp_dir and change the value to true.

This solution was posted in the Version 102.0 beta release notes.

For some reason (???) Mozilla chose to withhold the information in the official Version 102.0 release notes. Nevertheless, it works for me and the files I choose to open are saved to the temp folder and the files I choose to save are saved to my downloads folder.

Hope this helps.