cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing and crashing

toprover
Making moves

why does it take over 100 sec to close?  it's the only app that takes this long.  most of the time it crashes when closing?  anyone else have this experience?   running Monterey 12.4. 

2 REPLIES 2

jscher2000
Leader

Hmm, on Windows, if Firefox doesn't finish its shutdown tasks within -- I think -- 60 seconds, a watchdog process kills it and the Mozilla Crash Reporter window pops up. Are you seeing that?

As far as I know, the most time-consuming shutdown task is clearing history or cookies when Firefox closes, if you selected one of those options on the Settings/Preferences page, Privacy & Security panel.

If you would like a Mozilla support volunteer to look at your crash reports and see whether they point to a specific culprit, check out this support article: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/firefox-crashes-asking-support 

Thank you for the insight.  No, I have not opted to clear history nor cookies upon closing.  And yes to crash report popping up most closings.  I just click report and close on it.  FFox never used to take this long.  This started occurring after I upgraded to Monterey.  I've kind of gotten used to it by now, but it's still annoying, especially when all other apps close immediately.  Not sure why.  But again thanks for the follow up and info.