cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Tabs keep returning.

Edward01
Making moves

I have Firefox set to re-open with any tabs, that were open when it was closed, restored. Six months ago I had a crash and Firefox correctly re-opened with the three Tabs that I had open when I had the crash. Over time, and many sessions, I closed the original three and used many others. However every week or so, and totally at random, it re-opens the original three. I have found it impossible to get rid of them. Any suggestions please?

3 REPLIES 3

jscher2000
Leader

Spooky -- ghost tabs returning from the dead.

When this happens, is it happening in your fully up-to-date installation of Firefox, or is it like a time capsule from the past with older history, older settings, older add-ons?

Does it matter whether you are starting Firefox using its own icon versus clicking a link in another program that triggers your system to open Firefox?

Since the solution could involve deleting files, I suggest posting this problem on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ

Many thanks - I will post on the Mozzila site

When it happens it adds the tabs in front of any that I currently have open so I assume that it is still all the latest version. Tends to happen when I am in the middle of a session and opening a new tag.