cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask Me Next Time FFS

StevieB
Making moves

Just had an issue where on Ask EA the FF session started to load up shed loads of pages.

I ctrl ald Del'd to close FF. I ran Wise Disc Cleaner and re-booted the PC.

Then when firing up FF guess what happened, yep, it loaded shed loads of pages again.

In the good old days FF would pop up a box and say FF crashed, do you want to load the pages again or start fresh.

We don't get this option now and it should be there.

Why when moving forward with FF have you gone Backwards with so many things ?

1 REPLY 1

jscher2000
Leader

Firefox normally tries a crash recovery first without asking and, if it fails, then it presents the choice. To have it present the choice without a first try, you can change this setting:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes and pause while the list is filtered

(C) Double-click the preference to display an editing field, and change the value from 1 to 0 then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.