cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are any of the Features and changes/improvements we have suggested getting put into Firefox?

FirefoxEnjoyer
Familiar face

I've used Firefox Nightly to check and see if it has these features and no it doesn't nor any of the good changes anyone on the site has been asking for Mozilla Why did I switch from Chrome to Firefox if I'm just getting Brayed by you guys the features we have like Extensions menu sucks I HATE it and the Search Tabs is still there WTF Mozilla Please add new features we suggested and fix the things we don't like about the brsower.

9 REPLIES 9

rupert
Employee
Employee

Hey @FirefoxEnjoyer – firstly, you clearly care a lot about Firefox and Mozilla, and that's appreciated. I can't comment directly on the planned features of the Firefox team (I work in a small, separate team investigating new product areas). I do know that Mozilla monitors these forums and all community discussions here –  @Jon is the community manager and may be able to comment in more detail as to how this process works.

Okay thanks I'll ask @Jon  if these features and changes are getting into Firefox.

FirefoxEnjoyer
Familiar face

@Jon  Are these changes actually happening.

Thanks for reaching out about this. As you know, we're not able to do everything that is suggested on Connect — that can be for a variety of reasons, including prioritizing current roadmaps and sometimes needing to perform additional research for larger scale projects — but I can gladly say the feedback and ideas here are regularly looked at by our internal teams, reviewed, and do play an important role in what we work on. In fact, while this community here on Connect is relatively new (just over 1 year old), 30 ideas have been delivered, 36 more are currently in development, and 29 others are being reviewed/explored for potential development. Additionally our product teams are often leading discussions here to ask for insights on upcoming plans — check those out here. This community is still growing and we're working hard to make the process even better for all involved, so we thank you for your patience and participation and look forward to collaborating more. 

FirefoxEnjoyer
Familiar face

It feels like where not getting any cool features.

aiandenk2
Making moves

Now we have Opera One that includes an AI ...

Cool But AI might be harder for Mozzila to add to Firefox at this Time other Features that I suggested might be a lot easier to add them.

BITL
Making moves

I don't think so... for ten years I've been complaining that Firefox is a CPU hog. Nothing has improved.

BITL
Making moves

For ten years I've been complaining that Firefox is a CPU hog. Nothing has improved.

A lot of it is due to tabs constantly running in the background and interfering with performance. Sleeping tags is easy to implement and solves a lot of issues, yet Mozilla has never bothered to address the issue.