cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoyances in the latest version

SimonP
Making moves

Very long time user of Firefox here (before it was even Firefox!) but I'm not happy with the current version. The drop-down every time we download something is annoying, and for some reason when loading a new page it doesn't automatically highlight search terms any more. Please fix these issues.

6 REPLIES 6

EllgeH
Making moves

I got version 108.0.2 (64-bitars) and now almost nothing works, I can´t even log in to some sites. I used to have Firefox as default, but that is now impossible.

@EllgeH wrote:

I got version 108.0.2 (64-bitars) and now almost nothing works, I can´t even log in to some sites. I used to have Firefox as default, but that is now impossible.

Could you post this problem on the Mozilla Support site. Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ

IntrepidExplorr
Making moves

Long time Firefox user here. Until this week I always considered Firefox to be a reliable, stable app with great QC/QA. Sorry to say this new version 108.0.2 is problematic. Mostly having to do with tabs. I typically have 8-30 tabs open. These problems are intermittent.

1) Clicking on a tab often activates the wrong tab.

2) Pressing command t (mac) to open a new tab creates a new tab, but also makes a random tab active & in front. So it may appear that no new tab was created. Still problematic when you understand what happened & try to select the new tab, but it opens the wrong tab.

3) Inactive tabs randomly pop to the front & become active.

4) I also sometimes get a website error - for example this error today at VirtualBox.org;
" An error occurred during a connection to www.virtualbox.org. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR
Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR "

Really looking forward to the next update!

@IntrepidExplorr wrote:

Long time Firefox user here. Until this week I always considered Firefox to be a reliable, stable app with great QC/QA. Sorry to say this new version 108.0.2 is problematic. Mostly having to do with tabs. I typically have 8-30 tabs open. These problems are intermittent.

1) Clicking on a tab often activates the wrong tab.

2) Pressing command t (mac) to open a new tab creates a new tab, but also makes a random tab active & in front. So it may appear that no new tab was created. Still problematic when you understand what happened & try to select the new tab, but it opens the wrong tab.

3) Inactive tabs randomly pop to the front & become active.

4) I also sometimes get a website error - for example this error today at VirtualBox.org;
" An error occurred during a connection to www.virtualbox.org. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR
Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR "

Items #1-#3 sound like a possible display problem. I suggest trying Troubleshoot Mode: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/diagnose-firefox-issues-using-troubleshoot-mode

Item #4 indicates that the web server or a router between Firefox and the web server sent Firefox a RST instruction to stop trying to connect. This sometimes is caused by junk data sent by Firefox in cookies, or there might be an intermediary. I suggest posting this problem on the Mozilla Support site. Here's a link to the new question form: https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ

Thanks! I'll give it a go. 🙂

jscher2000
Leader

@SimonP wrote:

Very long time user of Firefox here (before it was even Firefox!) but I'm not happy with the current version. The drop-down every time we download something is annoying, and for some reason when loading a new page it doesn't automatically highlight search terms any more. Please fix these issues.

Hi Simon, during the past 8 months, you probably found this already:

Hopefully the Downloads list opening will be made optional. For now, you can use a hidden setting to turn it off:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.download.alwaysOpenPanel and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the preference to switch the value from true (open it) to false (do not open it)

With respect to highlighting not working, this could be a site compatibility issue. If you still have that problem and you haven't already posted it on Mozilla Support, I suggest trying over there. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ