cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Book

Double2Dodge
Making moves

With changes to the new TBird email pgm, I think that some better ideas need to be looked at re address books ...

Why can I NOT copy an address from collected address list to another specific address list without removing it from the collected list ??  All you can do is move it and it then disappears from collected list ...

PLEASE FIX ASAP .. !!

2 REPLIES 2

Chickdoc
Making moves

My problem with the new Address Book is with its scrolling behavior. In addition to the Personal Address Book, I have a dozen Lists I've created that get displayed below the Personal on the left side of the Address Book window (great). Clicking any List displays its members on the right side (great). However, if I attempt to scroll the right-side window using the scroll bar, the screen immediately splits in two parts, displaying a shortened set of list members above, and the first member of that list is displayed in an "Entry box" below. There is no way to "undo" this behavior, short of clicking on another book/list or exiting the Address Book tab all together. 

I believe a better behavior would be to allow scrolling of the full list without opening the lower "Entry" sub-window. That should only open, 1) when a Member is double-clicked or 2) when a Member is right-clicked and Edit is chosen. The problem appears to be with the action associated with the Scroll Bar.

I'd personally prefer to see the "Entry" sub-window removed altogether and the previous pop-up window restored, though your suggestion of a double-click activation is quite good, and would solve the worst of my frustration with this "update"...