Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YFOS

Don’t Like

Zoom set at 100% Default

Settings/General/Zoom/Default Zoom set at 100%

Annoyance

Annoyed at having to change: Zoom and Settings/General/Zoom/Default Zoom each time browser is

1. Opened
  2. Closed and Reopened

Absolute Requirement

Default of Zoom and Settings/General/Zoom/Default Zoom determined by User until User decides to change defaults.

14 Comments
Hanswurst

Hello
Why doesn't the zoom stay saved?
Is that intentional, has always worked so far?
Please answer
Kind regards

jscher2000
Leader

Normally, Firefox saves the zoom level "per site" and when you load a new page from that site, either in the same tab or in a new tab, Firefox applies the saved zoom level. Sounds like that is not working for you at the moment.

If Firefox loses the zoom levels when you exit/quit, this could be due to clearing one category of history called "Site Settings" (previously known as "Site Preferences"). If your privacy settings do not save any history or if they clear history when Firefox closes, you may need to adjust those settings.

If Firefox doesn't seem to remember the zoom level from one site to the next, is it possible you turned on the privacy.resistFingerprinting feature? This feature overrides numerous normal behaviors.

Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mickie

Is there a way to use firefox at the Zoom settings i want or do i have to set it every time i open a screen, I like to set mine at 80% , why does it reset to 100% when i open another window.  Is there an option to set it at the desired zoom.

Mick

SebastienPhod
Making moves

YES   It's Awfull      PLEASE Mozilla   KEEP our choise of ZOOM

....and ALSO   please offer the possibility to choose our number as we want   63, 78, 75

NOW, it's a BIG problem with your new version.....Where is the advantage ?????????

NB If you continue I will go back to one another system !!!

ingo

Zoom cannot be changed permanently - the window has always been too large lately - 67% used to be 100% please reset again, I don't feel like readjusting after each start

zoom lässt sich nicht dauerhaft ändern - in letzter zeit ist das Fenster immer zu gross - 67% war früher  100% bitte wert wieder zurücksetzen , habe keine Lust nach jedem Start neu zu justieren

Antonio007

Can you please DO NOT change Page Zoom to 100% everytime you do an update?

You mess up with my settings.

and Why is an update every month guys?

can't keep up with it.

tlw

Browser Settings

There needs to be a "SAVE" button on each of the settings pages so all the settings remain the same as I have set them. Because every time I have the "default zoom" set at 80%, whenever I open my browser it has reset itself back to 100% on my homepage. I get tired of having to reduce the zoom back down to 80% every time I use the browser because of a defective "default zoom" setting! I keep the browser up-to-date all the time, so I would think everything should be working correctly "all the time."

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

(Note: similar ideas have been merged into this thread)