cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate 115 and the fact that it's pushed on me in the middle of my workday.

tomaldridge
Making moves

Many years using thunderbird on every computer I use, and I seriously hate these things:

1) Don't push it down my throat without asking

2) The fact that several add-ons I use are no longer compatible, such that I have to downgrade until those if ever, are ported over.

3) The way too many added features. You're email. Perhaps remember that.

4) The default density is to distant, and the compact is too close.

3 REPLIES 3

Ex_MozillaFan
Making moves

Yes, and in addition it is not working in my environment anymore.
- It keeps telling me that it cannot write the mailbox data into the file system
- It takes ages to start and to collect the mails from the servers.
And I had a lot of important tabs open with attachments - those are not working anymore as well...

QUESTION TO MOZILLA:
DO YOU TEST YOUR SOFTWARE BEFORE YOU DEPLOY THEM UNASKED TO EVERYONE???

And after replacing a working e-mail client with absolute scrap, you ask for a donation... bad timing, eh?

OK, I am really pissed:
Does anyone know an open source mail client, which can import e-mail data from Thunderbird?

Ed-UK
Making moves

Version 115 updated automatically today 4/11/23

It is dreadful. How do I revert to previous version. The font is utterly awful and is almost unreadable on my small low definition PC screen.

Meem55
Making moves

It's indeed the 115 "upgrade" without ANY warning. Suddenly a complete new UI and lay out. In comparison to 102 way less easy in use, all the intuitive things that made 102 SO good, are just thrown out the window.
And indeed the features are so useless. Maybe for those who like to fiddle with it, like it.