cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FarmerwithaDell
Making moves

The title pretty much says it all. I am an oldtime Seamonkey user, since Netscape Communicator 4.03, and love the all in one concept of Communicator and its successors, Mozilla and Seamonkey. I found one chat client for Firefox, installed it, but don't see a way to open a chat window and connect to anything. That one chat client has only 67 users, apparently, and is unsupported. Chatzilla, on the other hand, has been supported and improved for years, and just needs linking to Firefox. I wouldn't complain if it were made stand-alone, but at least work with the Firefox and Thunderbird data.

2 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Status changed to: Closed
wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

I am a past user of chatzilla, so I understand the attraction.

I don't foresee Thunderbird ever building this into the product.  But if there are specific features of chatzilla that you'd like to see in Thunderbird's native chat, please suggest them as new individual ideas.

Beyond that, realistically, the only viable path to getting full "chatzilla" on newer platforms is for the add-on author (or some other author or fork) to update the add-on.