cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asnbarry

Hi All,

I would like in the next update of Thunderbird to add Y/N to moving a folder, I have many folders and sometimes I still have my  mouse active on a folder when I move it and the next thing I see is a message saying "Filters associated with this folder will be updated" I do not want to move it so can you put "do you want to move this folder Y/N" than if I put No don't move it, if I put Yes than put the next window up.

4 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

douardda

Note the existence of the ConfirmFolderMove addon, unfortunately not working any more with recent versions of TB.

https://addons.thunderbird.net/fr/thunderbird/addon/confirmfoldermove/

Wulfman74

I use the folder structure of Thunderbird very intensively and it happens to me again and again that I accidentally move a folder with a lot of mails while looking through the folders or because the PC was briefly lagging or for whatever reason without wanting to and I can no longer prevent 10,000 mails from being moved on the server.

From me a clear yes for a query!

fgoldstein
Making moves

Let me add my support for this! Yes, it happens to me a lot, and since many of my folders have >30k messages, the move takes a while, and sometimes it takes a bit of effort to figure out where it accidentally moved.

I suppose some young highly dextrous programmers can click or double-click without risk of moving, but some of us (and I'm technically a "senior" now, though I never had really steady hands) have less steady hands so the mere act of clicking does include a bit of motion, and thus the folder gets moved accidentally. I have a lot of folders so wider spacing between them would cause me to not see some of them.

This is a no doubt really trivial to fix -- just add the yes/no dialog box "do you want to move this folder?"  It would be a tiny bit more complex to say "do you want to move this folder to ___?" and fill in the blank. And you could have an option to never ask, for the steady-handed crowd.