cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Layman

#Thunderbird - Please include folder/thread pane formatting (font type, font size, row height, space between rows, font colour, background colour) in Settings. The default settings a very user unfriendly and many don't have the IT skills to fiddle with css (I don't even know what it is...)

Also allow a rearrangement of the order of folders within an account without having to get an add-on (which may become unusable anyway as new TB updates are rolled out).

6 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

LiveInHope
Making moves

Hear, hear!  Since SuperNova, the layout of Thunderbird is actually WORSE than it was before!  In particular, you cannot adjust the size of the 'Message List Pane' to less than 10 lines of emails. As a result, I can hardly read my emails. A lot of people have this problem, yet there has just been ANOTHER update, but still not reverted back to the old settings. Doesn't need a vote, just fix it, please.

Relleti
Strollin' around

I agree that it would be helpful allowing more visual modifications. This is relevant for anyone that is visually challenged and has specific requirements. I personally find the current view options NOT easy to read no matter what combination I choose. 

LiveInHope
Making moves

Thank you very much for endorsing this proposal - problem I suppose is that it's not a new idea. We are just trying to get Thunderbird to go back to the way it was before!  Please, Jon, would you please put it back as it was. I can only read half of my email.

Layman

Hi, Layman again. It's not just a matter of putting it back to how it was; the font/size, line spacing, colours etc. in the folder pane and the thread pane were never editable through the Settings, and they need to be. Long ago, there was an Add-on that did most of this, but it became unusuable years ago, and since then, it's been impossible to modify the default. It IS a new request, as, while on other forums many people have complained about the same, no-one has raised it here where it might actually get attention and lead to something being done about it. But do please also include LiveInHope's request regarding how far the thread pane window can be adjusted.

Layman

Hi, Layman again. It IS a new idea, as the font/size, line spacing, colours etc. in the folder and thread pains were NEVER adjustable in the Settings. There used to be an add-on that did just that, but it stopped working years ago, and since then, there's been no way one can modify the default. Many people have complained about this on other forums, but not here where it may just get attention and something can actually be done about it. But yes, please also include in the request LiveInHope's comment regarding the adjustability of the thread pane window, which would be the restoration of a previously existing feature.