cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lwbuchholz

That drop down box covers too much of the screen I am working on I don't see why it is there.  I am not so stupid that I have to have the box in my face to tell me I have just downloaded what I just knew I downloaded.  I hate it so much when you "update" things!  I can see maybe some like it but you give us no choice and some of us don't like things or those things get in the way of what is important to us.  I still can't print coupons that print option stinks.

1 Comment
jscher2000
Leader

Hopefully the Downloads list opening will be made optional. For now, you can use a hidden setting to turn it off:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.download.alwaysOpenPanel and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the preference to switch the value from true to false