cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaunDreclin

Feels like such an obvious feature I was surprised to find out it wasn't possible, you should be able to choose which monitor notifications show up on and ideally which corner of that chosen monitor as well

4 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

bsfinkel
Making moves

I am not sure that I understand what ShaunDreclin wants.   So I do not know if my comment is related.  When Thunderbird downloaded mail, I used to get a pop-up window in the lower right that told me the number of messages and the subject lines.  I recently upgraded from 115.13.0 to 128.0.1esr, and not these notifications are part of Windows Notifications.  Windows saves only the last 20 of these notifications, so when I get lots of mail (I will be glad when the election season is over) I can easily have over 20 of these (somewhat useless) notifications waiting.  And, since Windows saves only the last 20, there could be a notification from another program that is lost.  I went into Settings --> Notifications to disable notifications from Thunderbird.  Now I get no notifications when new mail has arrived.  I did not mind the old notification pop-up that went away after five seconds; it told me the subject lines of mail messages when I was at the computer; when I was not at the computer, there was nothing cluttering anything (except my inbox).

Agentvirtuel
Contributor
ShaunDreclin

That's even worse, native windows notifications can't be moved and are generally unresponsive.

I just want to be able to pick which monitor the mail notifications show up on!