cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adham_Khaled

I am writing to suggest an enhancement for the Firefox browser’s floating video player feature, which I believe would greatly benefit users worldwide.

Currently, the floating video player in Firefox supports subtitles if they are provided by the website hosting the video. However, I propose adding the ability for users to load external SRT (Subtitle) files. This would allow users to add subtitles in different languages or from alternative sources when the video provider does not supply them.

Implementing this feature would make the floating video player more accessible to a diverse, global audience, including those who are deaf or hard of hearing, and those who speak different languages. This enhancement would also increase the flexibility and usability of Firefox’s video playback, potentially boosting overall browser usage and satisfaction.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I am confident that adding support for external subtitle files will significantly enhance the user experience and further solidify Firefox's reputation as an innovative and user-centric browser.

2 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

TheCatKing

Great idea, I support this!

Just one note: subtitles do not seem to translate to pop-out video on the platform: Viaplay.

Doublechecked, and the subtitles, I chose - was activated, works in the standard window, but when the pop-out player is "activated", they disappear.