cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Varpie
Strollin' around

Currently, when searching opened tabs (using % on the address bar), the tabs that are found are from the same container (or a different device). Tabs from other containers in the same browser are not visible from the tabs search.

As I have a lot of opened tabs, I often used the tab search to navigate between my opened tabs, but when I am on a containerized tab, like Facebook, the fact that the other tabs do not show up on the search makes it a lot less convenient. In some cases, it means that I have to open a new tab in the container I want, then search on that tab, then close the new tab.

The tab search should work across containers. Since it shows tabs opened from another device no matter what container we are on, it is likely not a security concern, and it would make the tab search a much more convenient tool to switch between opened tabs.

5 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

cbellini
Employee
Employee

This work is in progress and should be landing in the coming months. Stay tuned 😀

Status changed to: In development
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all,

This is being worked on and we're aiming to deliver it soon.

Please feel free to continue the conversation here and stay tuned for more updates 🙌

snowflake2712
Strollin' around

I cannot wait! 😄

Status changed to: Delivered
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great news...

This was delivered with Firefox 125 — check out the Release Notes here.

Thanks again for your help in making this happen and we look forward to continuing to collaborate with you all here on Mozilla Connect 🙌