cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raza

Hey fellow Firefox users,

I've recently de-Googled my phone to maintain better privacy and avoid Google's intrusive data practices. However, I've encountered an inconvenience with updating my Firefox browser on mobile. Currently, without access to the Google Play Store, updating the browser is quite cumbersome.

I'm reaching out to the Firefox development team and the community to request an inbuilt update feature for the mobile version of Firefox. This feature would allow users to download and install updates directly within the app, without needing to rely on third-party app stores.

This addition would greatly benefit users who prioritize privacy and have chosen to distance themselves from Google's ecosystem. It would also enhance security by ensuring users can easily keep their browsers up-to-date with the latest patches and features.

If you share this concern or have any insights, please join the discussion and let's show Mozilla the demand for this feature!

Thanks for your support!

*Raza*

1 Comment
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.