cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdfoote

Currently, when modifying a recurring event you can either delete all occurrences or the current occurrence. It would be nice to be able to delete the future events, but leave those that have already occurred unchanged.

9 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

HW987

I support this request. I need to delete a series of repeating future events but wish to retain those earlier events as a record in my calendar.

Аlex

Is there any way to find out when this feature will be implemented?

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Аlex let me check with the Thunderbird team to see if this is on their roadmap

Chris2

I am amazed this very basic function seems to be impossible - but fortunately Google calendar lets you do it.

dkbg

I landed here because I was looking for this feature as well. Another way to accomplish the same thing (which may not work for all events) is to edit the recurrence end date, as mentioned here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2355617

Noob_Opinions

I ABSOLUTELY support this. I have several recurring business meetings that get scheduled by others for ridiculously long lengths of time, then a year later, they end, and I have to delete them one-by-one until the end of the imported schedule. It is a massive headache, especially for events where people put no end dates on them. I've had this option on other calendars, and it can be a massive time saver. PLEASE impliment it.

Noob_Opinions

Also, to dkbg's point, that only works for events that you create. I have several repeating meetings that are either no longer going or that I am no longer working with that were sent to me by someone else. You can't edit events that you accept from someone else. All you can do is delete them.

Cal
Strollin' around

This is an absolutely vital feature to be able to use recurring events. Currently, not only is there no way to edit future events, but you can't access the "edit only this event" and "edit all" options when dragging to change an event's date/time, it just defaults to edit only this. I would suggest the same popup allowing you to select "only this event" and "all" options when editing events in this way, along with the proposed "future events" option.

There also needs to be a way to detach a recurring event entirely to move it to a different calendar (there may be other uses, but that is the main one I can think of). I'm going to open a separate feature request for this. This wouldn't be as necessary if copy and paste didn't work for recurring events - I am also submitting a bug report for that.