cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frankieg

I have searched for "Mute" related Ideas but have not found one that is the same as my idea. I would love it if all tabs, or windows, that are invoked from a tab that is muted are also muted. Use case: I often open tabs via middle click from a site to other pages on that site all of which may auto play sounds so I mute the starting tab (parent) but the new tabs that are opened from the parent are not automatically muted.

3 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

bluj7841
Strollin' around

I would love for this to happen. I have a pinned tab for Apple music that plays via a USB connected DAC/amp/speaker set-up almost continuously through out the day. Even with my settings set to block audio and video from auto playing occasionally there are momentary hiccups in the audio stream anytime I open a new tab that has ads or pop-ups that want to play media (my guess as to the cause). Muting the tab seems to fix it. I try to mute all tabs as soon as they open but whatever it is that causes the glitch is faster than I am, so having it automatically happen would be brilliant. 

Serrato

That´s a pretty cool idea, i wanted to post it just a secong ago.