cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bug-eating-fox

When selecting many tabs to send them to another firefox instance (eg my android to my desktop), presently the list of selected tabs "disappears" after sending because after send-to-device is complete firefox bounces you not back to the tab view, but back to the last webpage.  Tab-view is exited, so the selection is lost.

They should stay "selected", which I imagine would be implemented as just returning to the tab screen/activity rather than back to some webpage.  I feel this is justified because:

• it takes a *long* time to select many tabs on mobile, especially when you have to sort through to selectively choose them.  It's trivial for me to exit the tab-selection view if I didn't want to do something else with that list of tabs, but FF mobile doesn't allow me this option
  • This feature would make mobile consistent with how desktop behaves: sharing a group of tabs does not cause the selection to disappear; tabs stay selected.
  • A common use case for selecting many tabs is to "move" from a mobile session to a desktop once it becomes available.  In that case it's always "send", then "close on mobile".  Presently one has to manually re-select all the tabs a second time to close them, which is really painful.

Thank you.

1 Comment
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.