cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canync

Hello:

There are various indicators of email progress that show at different times...sometimes nothing shows.

There may be a blue progress bar on the bottom-right of the screen.  It is just blue..does not increment in segments or show the state of an email 'get' process.  Sometimes NOTHING shows, but a click on 'get messages' will show a window saying, 'The account xxx@xxx is being processed. Please wait until processing is complete to get messages.'  Sometimes the blue bar will disappear with a 'null' displayed at the bottom-left of the screen. 

None of that is useful

The suggestion part:  Please make this work better.  There should be clear and visible (and meaningful) evidence of the current status of an email check.  After clicking 'get messages', a user should plainly see the entire process...getting, retrieving, progress by %, and number of messages.  Yes, some of those parameters 'report' to the bottom tray...but only sometimes.

I do not recall this being anything new.  Indeed, I do NOT recall that any 'check mail' sequence has ever been consistently and meaningfully visible.  That 'not working' part has been true on multiple devices, multiple TB versions, and for years.

Doable?

Thanks

2 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

天王寺屋
Strollin' around

Indeed, the "Progress indicators" are not useful at all.
However, Thunderbird 102.x (64bit) "fetches" e-mail so fast (taking less than a second) that no indicator is needed.
Already, I think that the "progress indicators" feature is the code could be removed.