cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cr8zy_Ivan
Strollin' around

I would like to Select multiple, or all Tabs of the active Firefox Window with Keyboard Shortcuts (being able to Select multiple, or all the Tabs only with the Keyboard). This would then allow me to select the specific Tabs I would like to, move or pop-out of the Active Window.

In preliminary/draft thoughts, Operation could be something along the lines of:

• Press and Hold Ctrl and Alt Keys. (perhaps maybe even a configurable combination of Keys in the Options page)
  • Move the "Cursor"/Active Tab with Arrow Keys.
  • Press Space to Select the Tabs you want.

Conversely, another function to "Select Tabs as you go" would also be very useful. An example of this could be :

• Press and Hold Ctrl, SHIFT and Alt Keys. (perhaps maybe even a configurable combination of Keys in the Options page)
  • Move the "Cursor"/Active Tab with Arrow Keys.
  • Each Left Key press adds the next Tab on the left to the Selection.
  •     - If you're selecting Tabs on the right of your initial active Tab, this Deselects Tabs from the right.
  • Each Right Key press adds the next Tab on the right to the Selection.
  •      - If you're selecting Tabs on the left of your initial active Tab, this Deselects Tabs from the left. 

This is akin to how Windows File Explorer works. In Windows File Explorer:

• Press and Hold Ctrl Key.
  • Move the "Cursor" with Arrow Keys.
  • Press Space to Select the Files you want.
3 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not everything ... you ask for ... but maybe it helps a little:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/select-tabs-advanced/

snip_20230331-225002.pngsnip_20230331-225043.pngmouse menu

or shortcuts

Cr8zy_Ivan
Strollin' around

Oh wow... I mean, yeah, it's not everything I was asking for, but man, we're a good ways there. Thank you!

Edit: And just in passing, Selecting All Tabs to then Drag and Drop them in Firefox's Bookmark Sidebar? Absolutely fabulous. I am beyond happy.