cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fl4v1us
Strollin' around

Managing Firefox bookmarks in the Android version can be made much more efficient by adding more functions like:

1.  Option to select an undetermined amount of favorites to move them to a personalized folder, thus facilitating the time that the user takes with many favorites, since currently it is only possible to move 1 favorite at a time to a given folder.
  2. Option to move any bookmark up or down in any folder's list of bookmarks and/or the option to place them in alphabetical order (A-Z)/(Z-A), creation date.
  3. Option to Import bookmarks from other browsers and also Export bookmarks to save them as .html or .txt file for backup.

This improvement will certainly be very useful and will help users who use these features at all times and which the Firefox PC version does very well.

6 Comments
cboy

Re 3 above: Desktop FF uses json format for bookmark backup/restore, and these files are compatible with many other FF-based browsers such as SeaMonkey and Pale Moon.

Fl4v1us
Strollin' around

>@cboy Re 3 above: Desktop FF uses json format for bookmark backup/restore, and these files are compatible with many other FF-based browsers such as SeaMonkey and Pale Moon.

Thank you very much for the 👍 and by the way the .json format is also good if the Mozilla team adds any of the three or all of them there will always be options which is great.

All good for you and also for Mozilla employees 🤝.

pbzin
Making moves

Up The option to move multiple favorites would not be necessary

MarcAndres
Making moves

I miss a real "manage bookmark" option in Firefox Android in a separate tab, which remains. From here I can then check or customize the bookmarks and can always return to this "manage bookmark" tab. Analogous to the desktop version of Firefox

Cyc
Strollin' around

Totally agreed with an emphasis on importing and exporting bookmarks. Bookmarks.html has been the defacto standard for a quarter century and it's so low tech that it can easily survive technology changes. I appreciate the free sync service but it shouldn't by all means be the only way besides manual copy work to get your bookmarks in and out of your browser.

Rattlesnake
Making moves

Preseting my fully expanded Bookmark Collection without any visual markers or separation when I want to add a bookmark in FF Android is just beyond imagination.

How can someone seriously consider this an option?