cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kym_hill
Strollin' around

On the Android App, hitting the "back" button will eventually return you to the homepage. However, it leaves the current tab open.  It would be nice if there was an option to have the current tab close when "Back" returns you to the homepage.  I find that 90% of the time I dont want the tab anymore and have to manually close it.   This could be implemented as checkbox option in the "Customise Homepage" settings.

Another option would be to simply reuse the last tab when opening something from the homepage screen.

Either option would solve the tab accumulation problem.

6 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

akshay

@kym_hill wrote:

Another option would be to simply reuse the last tab when opening something from the homepage screen.

Isn't this already available in homepage settings? (opening screen set to last tab).

kym_hill
Strollin' around

(Opening screen set to last Tab) doesn't open new urls in the last Tab.
It is the Tab that is opend when you start the App.
I already have that option set.

Thanks for the comment

kym_hill
Strollin' around

@akshaywrote:

Isn't this already available in homepage settings? (opening screen set to last tab).

Unfortunatly No.
The "opening screen set to last Tab" option, uses the last Tab as the opening screen when you start the browser.   It doesn't reuse the last Tab when you open new pages. ☹️

renyuneyun