cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbisby

Multi-Account-Containers has the ability to "Always Open This Site In..." and lets you select a container. However, I use the default "no container" for almost everything and only use containers for certain tasks. I would love for certain sites to always open in the "no container", but there is currently no way. Other container features allow selecting the "no container" container.

At best if I am in a container, I can open a new tab, go to the site, and then "Open in New Container Tab: no container" ... but at this point I've already opened the tab in the old container. The only other solution is to switch back to the default non-container and swap tabs a few times to make sure the "current container" sticks when opening a new tab.

4 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

nbisby

On a related note. if I am in a container, and I right click the new tab button and select "No container" ... it still opens in the current container. It seems like some parts of the code treat "No container" as a container itself (the new tab menu presents it as an option), and some parts assume that the "default" container is not a container (actually opening the tab sees no container specified and uses default behavior, rather than seeing that "no container' is specified).

eletrotupi

Any means to assign a specific site to a "No container" always?

One thing that's been missing is a mechanism to assign a specific tab/site to a "Always opens this in a 'No Container'" option, sometimes when using Slack, and clicking on a Github link it opens on the same container, so a Work container. But I usually have Github logged in the No Container option, since Github is not specific to Work, then I usually have to reopen the tab again to a no container by copying the link or clicking on the link and telling it to not open in the same container tab.

This could be solved by logging into Github on a work-assigned container tab, but it usually logs off the session after a couple of days and the same kind of problem happens with other stuff too. Any means to deal with it? Could this be a future feature?

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

(Note: similar ideas have been merged into this thread)