cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nes_xxi
Strollin' around

Hello everyone,

I’m using Thunderbird as my email client and I have a question about how to easily access the downloaded files from an email. Right now, after downloading an attached file, I have to open my file browser and navigate to the specific folder where Thunderbird stores the files. I would like to have a button or a shortcut that can take me directly to the folder where the file is located. Is there any way to do this in Thunderbird? If so, can you please share the steps or point me to some resources that can help me?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

8 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

labib

Hello everyone,

I’m using Thunderbird as my email client and I have a question about how to easily access the downloaded files from an email. Right now, after downloading an attached file, I have to open my file browser and navigate to the specific folder where Thunderbird stores the files. I would like to have a button or a shortcut that can take me directly to the folder where the file is located. Is there any way to do this in Thunderbird? If so, can you please share the steps or point me to some resources that can help me?

wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

ctrl+J.  Or command+J on a Mac

Nes_xxi
Strollin' around

I feel ashamed, I never thought of that @wsmwk 

Thanks!

Status changed to: Delivered
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Updating this to 'Delivered' as it is already available - check out @wsmwk's post in this thread on how to easily access downloaded files.

FormaintInfo
Strollin' around

Thank you very much @wsmwk. I didn't know this shortcut.

But I think it should be a good idea to create a button.

Nick_Hope

I'm so used to using the "Show in folder folder" feature in Firefox, I'd love to see this functionality replicated in Thunderbird, either natively or as an extension, without having to remember a keyboard shortcut.

Firefox-Show-in-folder.png

Michael_K
Strollin' around

@Nick_Hope+1 for button