cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill_
Making moves

What I am suggesting, seeking, is:  Thunderbird should disallow add-ons that can neither be disabled or removed by the user.

Background:

Bitdefender, a well known antivirus vendor, has decided that I need their "anti-spam toolbar", whether I want it or not.  They installed it into my Thunderbird installation without my knowledge.  The toolbar adds no functionality that I need or want, that isn't already provided by Thunderbird itself.

The worst part of it is: the user cannot disable or remove their toolbar via Thunderbird's add-ons manager.  If I disable the toolbar in Thunderbird's add-ons manager, it's automatically reactivated by closing and restarting Thunderbird.  When I contacted Bitdefender's support they indicated that this was intentional -- i.e., preventing the user from disabling or removing their toolbar.

3 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Progress2000
Making moves

This is a temporary fix of the Bitdefender Toolbar. It works for me.

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/93701/remove-anti-spam-toolbar-in-thunderbird

Progress2000_0-1690119262524.png

Bill_
Making moves

Thanks Progress2000 for posting that workaround.