cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flipclone
Strollin' around

I'm sure any developer reading this is familiar with Chrome's feature to allow local Source overrides while the devtools window is open.

I'm not sure if Firefox's 'source map' feature can accomplish this same task with local files.

3 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Honza
Employee
Employee

Yes, local source overrides is a feature that will most likely be on our roadmap for 2023

> I'm not sure if Firefox's 'source map' feature can accomplish this same task with local files.

Currently no, but I'd be curious what are your thoughts? Do you have more details about how this could work?

flipclone
Strollin' around

I'm not a dev so I dont know how anything works, I barely know how to use tools that I play with.

I dont fully understand source mapping and I've never used it, but from what I've read, if source mapping is implemented you can use it to download the source files for debugging, but how can you debug if there is no way to make your changes visible in the browser? Unless I am completely misunderstanding what source mapping is supposed to do, which wouldnt surprise me.