cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesAtLarge
Many sites are using the HTML5 "Autoplay" command on embedded videos. Some even hide the controls. This is bad for mobile users, the videos burn data, and a simple JPEG is enough to sell a given product or service.

Can we get a option button on Firefox settings to "Pause All Movies?"  After all, these nitwits have the option of using a "Poster" which clicks through to their spam-movie therefore somebody is bad.

From what I see all that's required is a parsing algorithm which detects HTML 5 "VIDEO" code and then rewrites  "Autoplay" to "Paused" along with showing "Controls."  There may be a need to stop the download of the movie after it's paused, not exactly sure what's required with that.

In addition, it would be nice to be able to slightly blur all images, protecting Public Computer Users from being ambushed by Kooks.

Hope this finds the right person and have a wonderful day.

James
4 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager
JamesAtLarge

Hi Jon,

Looks like this idea has already been discussed. I see as many as 5 videos playing on a single Web page so it doesn't hurt to post this again. It's possible that Malware does this or a company rewrote Chrome to burn my data. Some webmasters hate their visitors...

brixter
Making moves

I agree. We need this for Firefox Android.

On my mobile, I usually use mobile data so autoplay videos will burn my data fast. The main autoplay videos are from news sites and video ads.

Please add an option to block all autoplay videos. Let all videos be clickable images that I can decide to click or not if I want to play the video.