cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Haan

In the web development company I work at we use a certain TLD that has many subdomains for different uses; Testing environments and some internal services all have their own subdomains. Especially for the first a wild card TLS certificate makes it is easy to spin up a new environment.

I would like to segregate these different websites for some features in Firefox. Currently I can think of the following:

• History "Forget About This Site" deletes based on the TLD. I sometimes just want to forget everything for one subdomain instead.
  • Total Cookie Protection has a separate cookie container based on the TLD. But with these many environment I would actually like them to each have their own cookie container. Some self-hosted but open source services, or some tools, are a mess about how they store their cookies (on TLD, not full domain), messing up some other services which do have their own domain after all.

This is something that would help me as a power (developer) user. I'd be completely fine with there being an about:config setting where I could define some masks to influence these definitions of a 'site'.

What do you think about this?
Would this be something I could create an issue for in Bugzilla?

4 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

KevinBrosnan
Employee
Employee

A domain admin can register the site at https://publicsuffix.org/submit/ which will get the behavior you want. Additional details at https://github.com/publicsuffix/list/wiki/Guidelines and pay attention to the private domains section.

Alex_Haan

@KevinBrosnanthank you for your response. I didn't know this possibility existed. I now realize this could of course benefit more than just me or my colleagues.

I'll certainly have my organization look into this.

Alex_Haan

@KevinBrosnanone additional question (I hope my other comment does appear soon); is there an (easy) way to know when Firefox would have added entries that were added for us? Does that require a version update, or is this something that a Firefox client updates from time to time?