cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nich
Making moves

The Chrome browser and Chromium-based browsers have an interesting add-on manager that allows you to quickly find the right add-on, disable, remove or hide it from the toolbar, a very necessary and convenient feature, please implement it, Thank you!

13 Comments
AlfoMora
Making moves

More convenient and informative extension panel

It would be nice if we could see hidden extensions on the toolbar in much the same way as it is implemented in chromium

Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Nich

You currently should be able to customize your toolbar (more info here in this Mozilla Support article) and add the 'Add-ons Manager' so you can easily manage your add-ons and find new ones. But if you're looking for something a little different, let us know 😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

I previously posted an idea to display the settings pages in the sidebar like Edge. I think the size of the sidebar is sufficient for many of the settings pages, but it didn't get enough support.

ML

Button to toogle all addons off and or with one click

Idea about a toolbar button for a quick option to turn all the installed addons off or on. For example useful when making online purchases, and wouldn't want to break a payment website with some addon.

carmelo
Making moves

chromium_manage_extensions.png

Who use multiple browsers in addition to Firefox will surely have noticed in the Chrome or Chromium browsers that there is a single icon in the toolbar that groups all the extensions making them accessible with a single click and with the ability to permanently show or not show (pin or unpin) the extension icon in the toolbar. I believe that this feature would also be useful for Firefox with the possibility for example that when you select an extension icon it remains active on the toolbar until the mouse pointer does not hover over it for a time interval chosen by the user, and then go back hidden aga

Anonymous
Not applicable

You get the overflow menu, when you right click and choose "pin".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestion: Add an option to hide extension icons in the top right of the toolbar

I recently transitioned from Chrome to Firefox and like to use a lot of extensions. This clutters up my toolbar with a bunch of extension icons in the top right. I think there should be some way to select which extensions to show or hide on the toolbar or at least put them in a separate drop-down menu like Chrome.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

(Note: a similar idea has been merged into this thread)

confluence

I have a related idea: smart extension icon visibility.

I have a lot of extensions which modify content on specific websites. I want to have their icons available in the toolbar so that I can trigger actions or access options while I am on those sites, but they're completely useless while I am not on those sites, and I have enough of them installed that they add a lot of clutter.

It would be nice if icons could optionally be configured to show in the toolbar only when a tab with a particular domain is in focus in the window (it should be possible to whitelist multiple domains per icon).