cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dark theme for extensions and web sites stopped working

AlfoMora
Making moves

Suddenly, with the usual viewing of the web pages, without changing any settings for no apparent reason, a dark topic for extensions and websites is turned off on its own (in the system and the browser settings are included). Firefox cleaning, starting with a safe mode, turning off the acceleration of equipment, reinstalling and after entering the account, all this did not help me.
For example, Edge works in other browsers. (I even reinstalled the windows from 11 to 10, I had an unstable 11, and there was another reason to return to 10, but this did not help), how to fix it, please...

Firefox 100.0.2 (64 bits)

sorry for my English.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jscher2000
Contributor

Do you have "Dark" selected on the Settings page under "Web appearance"?

Firefox should honor that, but it may not work if you turned on "privacy.resistFingerprinting" in about:config.

I also saw someone say that Firefox Color may override that setting in full or in part, at least for the built-in Firefox Home / new tab page.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jscher2000
Contributor

Do you have "Dark" selected on the Settings page under "Web appearance"?

Firefox should honor that, but it may not work if you turned on "privacy.resistFingerprinting" in about:config.

I also saw someone say that Firefox Color may override that setting in full or in part, at least for the built-in Firefox Home / new tab page.