cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having loading issues with Firefox for Youtube and Google Meet

JMC75
Making moves

I have tried all sorts and cant resolve it. I am not a techie, but I have followed the instructions on various sites.

Everything is fine with Microsoft Edge. Should I just abandon Firefox?

11 REPLIES 11

Mizar
Familiar face

Care to be more specific?

Hi, When I search for YouTube on Google, then select the home page, I get a blank screen and it simply doesn't load. I tried it tghis morning (UK time) and it did load and worked okay. Tried again at 19.30, and the blank screen again. Smae with Google Meet.

Mizar
Familiar face

What extensions if any have you got installed?

JMC75
Making moves

I'm not sure as its a new PC.

Mizar
Familiar face

Type in about:addons click extensions and see what you got there.

JMC75
Making moves

I think I only have Sidebery. I turbned it off but the same issue persists.

The page comes up as if I'm off line. Check you connection, and retry. The connection is via an ethernet cable direct to the PC, the router is connected and working on all other sites. I have also tried the HP Support App and that says my connection is good.

JMC75
Making moves

When I try the Retry button a red line moves across the line between my tabs bar and the YouTube page and gets to about 80% across then stops. Then it goes back to the same page again. So I guess its trying to load but doesnt progress.

I did power off the router and it loaded it up successfully for one go, then ot reverted back to the above. I hope that helps?

Mizar
Familiar face

Ok, let's try this intall this one https://addons.mozilla.org/pt-PT/firefox/addon/user-agent-string-switcher/ and then change the user agent to Chrome.

JMC75
Making moves

Hi, sorry for the delay. How do I change the user agent?

Mizar
Familiar face

Left click the extension I mentioned, from there a selection of user agents appears.