cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 100 Fedora - logins don´t work - "The operation failed for an operation-specific reason¨

Dutchglory
Making moves

Firefox 100 Fedora  login's don't work, “The operation failed for an operation-specific reason”.
Logins with official websites, “Mozilla Sync” and add-ons like  Bitwarden or LastPass. 

For Mozilla Sync, I'm getting:
“A parameter or an operation is not supported by the underlying object”

Not sure why …

4 REPLIES 4

Uncreated
Making moves

Same here.  I can't log into Soundcloud even with all my extensions disabled or in private mode with all my extensions disabled and all security features (including fingerprint detection) disabled.

Uncreated_0-1652542739700.png

Dutchglory
Making moves

i have downloaded Firefox beta  here:  https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/desktop/ 
it seems to work perfectly..!!  🙂 🙂 

its a tar.bz2 file, you need to unpack it to /usr/lib64/firefox  (fedora)  or create a new folder "firefox-beta" and unpack it here.  Create a (sim)link  to  /usr/bin/  using  /usr/lib64/firefox/Firefox-Beta/firefox  ..
"ln -s /usr/lib64/firefox/Firefox-Beta/firefox  /usr/bin/firefox-beta".  Copy your firefox profile to firefox-beta profile folder ...

now you can add it to startmenu  using menu editor ...

menu-editor.png

Uncreated
Making moves

Cool and all, but I'm on Windows 10.  Regardless, I'll try the beta to see if that fixes things.  Cheers for the thought.

Uncreated
Making moves

No change with 1.01 Beta, unfortunately.